January 7, 2011 - January 6, 2012

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Photo of the Day - Day 364

What a gorgeous sunrise today! It sure made me happy waking up with the sun streaming in my window :)  While driving to work I realized this would be my last photo of the day where I had to search for one (as tomorrow I already know my photo will be of my camera cake celebration).

Since starting this challenge I have really started looking at everything in a different way, things I took for granted previously I now really see (almost like a blind person getting to see for the first time) as I am always looking for that photo opportunity.  I really enjoy the way I see things now, instead of being too busy to notice, I now take a moment and absorb it all.

It made me a bit sad today to think that my challenge is nearing a close.  In a way I am happy as I won't always have it on my mind, wondering how I am going to get a photo each day (sometimes not finding something until 11pm that night) but I didn't realize how much I really looked forward to seeing my progress day by day, month by month and feeling good that I was sticking to this "challenge" I begun.

I drive by the North River Causeway everyday on my way to work. I always wanted to stop and take a picture on a sunny day but never ever did. So I thought today would be the day....I am so happy I captured the sun as it really wasn't out very long at all today.


Last day tomorrow...come join me to celebrate at the Olde Triangle (University Avenue) from 5-7pm and enjoy a piece of  camera cake (vegan chocolate mocha with oreo filling) that Jaclyn and KW made for me tonight, I can't wait to see what it looks like tomorrow!!  Hope you can make it :)

2 comments:

  1. sorry it wasn't vegan Jode!!! and no oreo :( Congrats on 365 days. Now I'll have to stalk someone else's blog :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL that is okay Jac, you don't need to apologize for anything, the cake was way beyond my expectations! I loved it, you made my night!! I don't know what I am going to do with myself, taking photos has been such a big part of my life this past year, need to find my next challenge :)

    ReplyDelete